Tuesday, June 4, 2013

June 3, 2013


I had my interview with Pres. Morby this week.  It was really cool to be able to sit down with him and be able to just talk about what I am feeling instead of trying to put those feelings down in writing and send them off to him.  He was definitely hinting towards splitting the area that I am serving in which is super exciting.  You have no idea how much I miss being able to dance with someone just for fun, and not worry about making a fool out of myself. Things are getting even better with my new companion.
This past week we had exchanges, and it was super nice to have someone who is willing to teach with me instead of me just rambling on and on all by my lonesome.  Elder L is a really fun person to be around.  Just being around him helped me to be a better missionary that day.

So I was able to start studying with those materials that were sent out, and they have totally changed my studies, and I feel like I am definitely getting more out of them.

This past week in church, we had two investigators come to church.  C, N's daughter, and M, N's mother.  They are both awesome people.  But all awesome people have their struggles.  Hopefully this week we will be able to set up a baptismal date with C and things will continue to progress with that family.  R, C's son, sat in while we were reading in the Book of Mormon for the first time and that was awesome.  We were also able to pick up a new investigator for each ward.  C, and a woman name P.  We had been working with P for a while now, fellow shipping her and slipping in little spiritual thoughts, here and there, and this last time, we pretty much taught her parts of all of the different lessons because of all of the different questions that she had, so things are definitely starting to pick up.  But on the flip side with how many lessons we had, our finding time has gone down a lot.  We were only able to get in about 2-3 hours of finding time this past week.  We are relying heavily on the ward mission process to keep things going in our area.  If that goes down, then all of the work that will be happening goes down with it.

Love 
Elder Peterson
"Behold, O my son, how great iniquity ye brought upon the Zoramites; for when they saw your conduct they would not believe in my words."
People watch what we do all the time.  Even when we are not out with black  name badges on, people notice everything that we do.  We need to allow our actions to reflect positively on our religion.  

"I say unto you, is not a soul at this time as precious unto God as a soul will be at the time of his coming?"

The worth of a soul is precious in the sight of the Lord.  D&C say that our joy will be great if we bring one soul unto him.  The opposite is also true.  If our actions lead to the destruction of souls, we will suffer even as Alma did, except it will not be for just 3 days and nights, it will be for eternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment