Sunday, September 1, 2013

August 27, 2013

We had an investigator come to church yesterday.  A is an investigator that we tracted into  not last Sunday, but the Sunday before that.  He is amazingly receptive, loved the message that the Church shares, and wants to be baptized.  It was really kinda funny when we commited him to be baptized.  Elder Jones extended the baptismal commitment to him on Wednesday.  it went something like this.  " A, will you follow the example of Jesus Christ----
---Yes---
And be baptised by someone holding the proper authority from God? 
Yes, how about this Sunday when I come to Church?
 
So, A is super excited to be baptized, even if he doesn't entirely understand all of it, it is something that he really wants to do.  So we are going back this Wednesday to meet with him, and then again on Saturday.  he is just on fire.
 
Things are definitely starting to catch up in Beaver Creek.  Yeah!!!
 
Oh, a little funny note, so my mom taught Uncle Brian how to flip someone out of a headlock.  So my companion and I wrestle a little bit, he was a state champion in Arizona, and he loves to try and put me in a head lock, and previously I had been able to get out if it in a couple different ways, but today he did it while I was studying, so I tucked my chin, moved my study materials and flipped him over my shoulder.  It was super funny.
 
I love you so much
Elder Peterson
Words are powerful things.  If we can master our tongues, then we can master anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment