Monday, May 20, 2013

April 1, 2013

Note: Things got a bit out of order.  Not really sure why, but they did.  This one really should have been posted ages ago.  I've been slacking.  Sorry about that!

Also, a little background.  Michael, who is six, made the comment that missionaries have three companions: Heavenly Father, Jesus, and Santa.



That is so funny about Michael!  Things out here have been kinda slow this past week, but we have had some miracles as well. 

So, this past Saturday, I had my first baptism.  Her name was B, and Elder Jorgensen baptized her.  It went well.  We were invited to a get together at the P’s afterwards, then to the B’s for lunch.  Saturday was a great day.
              
Now for the miracle parts. 
1)    So we have been teaching a Hispanic woman by the name of N.  N is in her 50's.  She has been very interested in the Church, but her mom, who is Catholic, is very against N taking the Discussions.  We had invited N to the baptism, and N said that she would try to go, but wasn’t sure if she would be able to because of some family issues.  So we were not sure if N would be able to come to the baptism or to church this Sunday.  Fortunately, N was able to come, and she brought her mother, and her granddaughter, and her granddaughter's boyfriend.  So Elder Jorgensen and I were super happy.
2)     On Sunday, N came to church, with her mom!!!  I was super happy.
3)     Elder Jorgensen and I were able to bless the sacrament
4)     The choir number in the Canyon Creek ward was awesome
5)     I was able to confirm B a member of the Church.
6)     We were approached by a less active member during a lesson with N, and he said the closing prayer, and was interested in taking the discussions to help become more active.

So all in all, looking at the week, it wasn't as slow as I first thought. 

I have made some personal goals.  I am trying to memorize 7 scriptures a week.  Today I was working on Acts 3.19-21.  It was kinda interesting to be reminding that everything that has been revealed today, was revealed back when Christ and his apostles were on the Earth.  So when I have questions about gospel doctrine, all of the answers really can be found in the scriptures.

But, I have had problems sleeping.  I haven't been able to sleep through the night since I left the MTC.  I have been waking up 6-7 times during the night.  I haven't been able to get more than 2 hours of sleep straight.  I go to bed super tired, and on time, but I wake up super tired and it is hard to get started in the mornings.  I think it might be because of the mouth guards, but I don't know.

Love,
Elder Peterson


 

No comments:

Post a Comment