Sunday, July 20, 2014

Emails about the ACL

I have not had a flu shot

I love you
Elder Peterson
On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 3:16 PM,
I spoke to Sister Morby today and President Morby last night.  They said you were coming home and Pres Morby wanted me to get on making doctors appointments.  Sister Morby said you would come home on Monday and land at 1 p.m.  Right now, you have an appointment with Dr. Wells on Wed morning at 8:40, but if we get you back to Alpine by about 3 or so, they may try to squeeze you in on Monday afternoon.

We've moved Michael back upstairs so that you can have the bedroom on the main level.  I've also got a transport chair (like a wheelchair except it doesn't have large back wheels so you have to be pushed) for you. 

Have you had a flu shot?? If not, we'll take care of that, too. 

Wish you weren't hurt, but looking forward to seeing you. 

Love,
Mom



Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 14:39:28 -0800

Subject: Re: Dr appt

Pres. Morby send in the info to salt lake this morning, and they will get back to him about what is going on with the surgery process.  He said that they are most likely going to send me back for surgery and recovery, and it would be covered by the church, but there is a small possibility that I would stay out in the field for the surgery and recovery process.

I quick all pain medications this morning, except for at night.

Love Elder Peterson


On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 1:34 PM,
Okay, I'm probably a little slow here.  You said you were "probably being sent home for surgery, not for sure yet" (You should see all the typos I'm making and correcting.  You'd know I was slow.)  So who decides for sure, and do you know when they'll decide and when it will be?

Oh, and in switching to over the counter meds, go with Tylenol or acetaminiphen (generic Tylenol).  Ibuprofen can cause problems with bleeding and they don't like people to have it in the 2 weeks or so before surgery if at all possible.

Love You!!

Rebekah

Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 13:28:05 -0800

Subject: Re: Dr appt

yeah, all of the info is going with me.  we are contacting the mri place to get a copy of the mri.  Pain is tolerable. I am on hydrocodone.  but they are suggesting starting to move to over the counter pain meds.  I am so excited for that .  I hate walking around in a cloud all day.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 1:19 PM, Rebekah Peterson
When will you know? Who decides and when would it be. If at all possible, you need to bring the MRI films and report with you for the doctor here. I love you. Is the pain under control?  Mom


Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 13:08:47 -0800
Subject: Re: Dr appt

tore my acl.  official.  probably going to be sent home for the surgery.  not for sure yet

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 12:08 PM,
Please let us know the outcome of your appointment as soon as you can. Love you!  Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment