Sunday, July 20, 2014

Transfer 7, Week 1 October 28st, 2013

This past week was amazing in so many different ways.  This past week was transfers, and Elder Jones and I are still together.  At the end of this Transfer, Elder Jones and I will have been together for 4 and 1/2 months.  Sometimes it feels like a really long time, and others it feels like time is just flying by.  

At the beginning of the week there was a lot of confusion.  Our old district leader, Elder Moore, got transferred.  So Elder Jones were at home during p-day cleaning and doing service while the other elders and sisters in the district were at the transfer meeting getting new comps.  So we decided to text one of the elders there, Elder Alatini, to find out who the new district leader was.  He replied back that Elder Peterson was the new district leader.  Normally that would be easy to figure out who the district leader was, but there is another Peterson (no relation) in the area next to us.  So we assumed that it was him.  
Then the next day, the Zone leaders came by to drop off a package of Elder Jones.  They asked if I knew who the district leader was, and I said that it was the other Elder Peterson.  They said that they had talked to him, and he said that it wasn't him, that it was actually me.  The ZLs said that they would call the Assistants to the President, and find out who was actually the district leader.  They called, then about lunch time called us back and told me that I was the new district leader.  To me it was completely a shock.  I would have thought that the other Elder Peterson would have done an amazing job, and I was lacking confidence in myself, but my first district meeting went well, so I am hoping that the Lord will continue to support me in this calling.

So after all of that confusion, the week went amazingly smooth.  We were able to stay busy all week long, from one appointment to another, from finding one investigator to finding another.  We ended up teaching 21 lessons this week, the most that I have ever taught in one week at a time.  At the same time, we were able to find 4 more people who were interested in hearing the gospel.  One of them, his name is N.  We tracted into him on Tuesday and we were able to get a return appointment for this past saturday.  We were able to talk with him for about an hour, and we shared parts of the plan of salvation and the restoration of the gospel.  It is so amazing how all of the different lessons just flow together when they need to.  We also shared how we were able to find out the truth of the book of mormon.  It was really amazing.  Bearing testimony is truly the easiest way to bring the spirit into a conversation with someone.

We also were able to get N's baptismal interview done that same Saturday!  She was able to meet with the Zone Leaders, and she passed!!!  She was so nervous before.  The only hang up was that the next day at Sacrament meeting, she didn't show up and when we called her later on in the day, she told us that she wanted to move the baptism back a week.  She said there were some family things she had to work out.

But anyways.  I hope that we are able to find out what is truly holding N back from baptism.  I am also hopeful that this area will continue to progress the way that is has this past week.

Thanks and Love
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment