Sunday, July 20, 2014

Transfer 8, Week 6 January 14th, 2014

So crazy things first.  I am training again.  I am still in Riverside, so I am not whitewash training.  But Elder Ogden has gotten transferred.  We were only together for 6 weeks, so it was a little bit of a shock.  We got along really well, and worked together really well.  Really we were doing a lot of things really well together, so we had been hoping that we would be left together for a little longer.

But, I have decided to get back into recording daily miracles.  It turns out that you can remember them better that way.  Huh, funny how that works.

So last monday, we got a call from the S family.  Sister S and her two oldest kids, X and A, had gotten their names removed from Church records about four years ago.  They have been working to get back to the point that they can be baptized, and they have finally been approved for baptism!!!!   So Sister S and X are getting baptized this Saturday, and A is getting baptized on the 31, on her birthday.  I am so excited for them!!!!

This past wednesday, we found two new investigators.  River Side seems to have a pattern for investigators that we find.  We taught them both about Joseph Smith, and they agreed for us to come back and teach them more.  E doesn't really seem interested.  She doesn't believe in organized religion, but A really seemed interested.

And then Sunday came.  We had 4 investigators come to church!  Y, D, A, and Y all came to church this past Sunday.  And they all stayed for all of it.  It was really good.

So this area has a lot of miracle happening, and it is also curing me of ever wanting to be stupid.  So good things are happening everywhere.

Oh, and my new Companion is Elder Gray from Heber Utah.  He moved there from Escondido California two years ago.  He is a great guy, and I am a lot less stressed than I was when I trained last time.

Love
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment