Sunday, July 20, 2014

Transfer 9, Week 1 January 20, 2014

So many things have happened this past week.  On Monday, I found out that I was training, and met my new companion Elder Gray.  He is an amazing person, ready to get to work, and is really obedient.  All of which is really good.  I guess, the only bad thing that happened this week was that I hurt my knee.  But that doesn't really matter.

So miracles for this week:

So, obviously when I hurt my knee, I was told that I was no longer allowed to bike.  And the mission has no extra cars.  But Wednesday night, we got a call and we were told that the APs were coming to drop off a car for us.  I talked to President Morby about it later, and he said that he has no idea how things opened up, but somehow things worked out, and we were able to get a car.  The ironic thing was that I cannot drive because of my knee, and my companion didn't have driving privileges because he didn't send in his driving record. But its all good, we worked things and Elder Gray is now driving.

At the training meeting, the opening song was How Firm A Foundation.  I loved the part where it was talking about how the lord will help us to stand.  The Holy Ghost was super strong at that point.  Honestly, I cried every day up until that point, and the only comfort that I could find was in the scriptures and through prayer.  And only because the Holy Ghost was there.  He truly is a comforter.

On Friday, Y and D came with us to the Visitor's Center.  They had a great experience.  They had a lot of questions, and the Spirit was super strong.  Unfortunately, I was on drugs (because of his torn ACL) at the time, and wasn't able to feel it very much.  It is really kinda strange how much chemicals mess with being able to feel the Spirit.  The Lord had it right when he told us to stay away from all the word of wisdom stuff.

After going to the Visitor's Center, we went to get my MRI done.  It was really loud, but that doesn't matter.  The amazing part came after the MRI was over.  We were sitting down waiting for our ride to come pick us up, and one of the receptionists started closing up.  She told us that she had to wait for us to leave before she could leave, so she sat down and waited.  We were able to start up a conversation, and started talking to her about the Plan of Salvation and committed her to going to the Visitor's Center, and requesting missionaries at mormon.org.  It was really great!

On Saturday, X and Sister S were baptized.  That is a miracle, but another miracle happened as well.  So earlier in the week, the Spanish Missionaries called us and talked to us about their baptism that was happening two hours before ours.  We talked for a little bit, and we asked them to leave the font filled for our baptism.  That way we could drain it a little, then add hot water and make it warm again.  When we got to the baptism, the font was empty.  The Relief Society room was dark, and nothing was set up.  So we quickly started to set up things and got the font filling.  The miracle is that the font filled in only 1 hour.  Usually it takes 2 or more hours to get the font to fill up.  It was amazing.

Last miracle.  At dinner last night, we asked the P's if there was anyone that they knew that would be willing to listen to the missionary discussion's and they told us about one of the people on Sister P's visiting teaching route.  So we are going to stop by tomorrow and see if Sister R is willing to listen to us.  Hopefully we will be able to help her to come back to church.

So it has been a really good week so far.

Love 
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment