Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Transfer 3 Week 1, June 30, 2014

This past week has been kind of crazy. So let's start with Monday at
transfers. So I was made district leader. That's crazy in and of
itself. So as a result of that, Elder Hundley and I had to plan
the training and practice for district meeting that next day. Just a
thing to remember, it was Elder Hundley's first day, and he had no
idea what was doing on. So the training and practice is supposed to
go for about 45 minutes. So that was crazy. But there have been a
lot of different miracles. I was really nervous about training. But I have been blessed to have a companion that is super awesome. I know you we probably getting tired of "super awesome", but that's the truth. Elder Hundley is just on fire.

We went over to teach M last Wednesday, and he asked us what
the main difference was between our church and other churches, so we
started talking about the apostasy and the restoration and we tried
really hard to emphasize that the priesthood was important. We tried
3 or 4 different ways to teach it, but finally Elder Hundley decided
to be super bold and blunt and he told it like it is and then finally
M understood what was going on. I mean, don't get me wrong, we had
been saying the same thing over and over again, but something about
the way Elder Hundley explained it finally made it click in M's
head.

So one of my responsibilities as a district leader is to set goals for
the district for the coming month. Recently our district has really
been struggling with everything. There was one ward that had two
sets of missionaries, but nothing was happening in that ward, so at
transfers, President Morby transferred the elders out and left the
sisters, and that left the district with only 6 missionaries. And the
other ward's missionaries don't do too much. So I prayed about the
goals, and they ended up being a lot higher than I thought that they
would have been. So hopefully I can help to get the district fired up
to do more missionary work so we can help these areas to progress and
get more people to the waters of baptism. I am a little worried about
how things are going in the district, but it's okay. There is never
growth in comfortable places.

Love
Elder Peterson

No comments:

Post a Comment